Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Latest Obsession - Summer Handbags

I have been scouring the web looking for the perfect summer handbag. I am not about to spend over $50 for a bag that may end up soiled with mud or red juice stains (yes, my 3 ½ year old daughter loves to claim my purses as her own). Last week I found a ripened and somewhat smashed banana plus an opened Juicy Juice punch box in the bottom of my favorite suede handbag. Ah yes, the joys of children and one of several reasons to shop for bargain handbags!

Ebags.com - I love big hobo bags, especially in a bold color this season - the red hobo by Star 50 is nylon and can easily go from the beach to shopping and holds a lot of gear - $58.64.

I also love Kooba and Chloe style bags - they are very chic and effortless and also fairly expensive. I am not stuck on the label, but the look they represent, so I usually shop for inspired or budget styles that are on par with my chosen designers. As far as I am concerned, if you like the bag and it looks good, it doesn’t matter what the label says or how much you paid. Identify designer styles you love and keep this in mind when shopping.

Baghaus.com is awesome - you can shop by designer (inspired, of course) by price or by style:




Inspired by Kooba - the White Natasha Tote is very chic and elegant - $49.99.

Inspired by Chloe - the Blue Paddington has a kick of color - $52.99.

I also found a silver clutch perfect for evening events $24.

The little white dress is a summer staple this season and these little clutches from stylenetworkcafe.com would make it pop - all under $25!

Bag Borrow or Steal has a great outlet if you want to pay a little more for the real thing (used of course, but recycling is a good thing, right?). You can also pay to borrow the bag for one week or one month if you need it for a special event.

I will keep you posted on what I bought and if they meet my expectations in a few weeks!

No comments: