Monday, May 21, 2007

Summer Jackets

Recently a friend asked me for some advice on what type of jacket to wear in the summer. She wanted something versatile that could be worn to work with skirts, with jeans, trousers and dresses. In my opinion, jackets are worth the splurge and every gal should have at least one good quality summer style in the closet.


My favorite find from Maxstudio.com (and on sale for $118) is a feminine, linen and silk jacket with a flouncy hem and puff sleeves. This style would look great with pencil, a-line and pleated skirts as well as narrow and wide-legged trousers. You could also throw it on with jeans or capris and black and white cotton sundresses. Well worth the splurge.


Another great find that pairs well with many outfits is the Soft Focus jacket from Anthropologie. In white or black for $88 by Elevenses.



And if red is your color and if it's a bargain your looking for, check out this pretty jacket by Forever21.com. I wish they had it in black and in white - I would snap up all three colors at $28 each.
I found other cute jackets on the Forever21 site and a few more on Rampage.com.

My friend snapped up the jacket from Anthropologie in black and absolutely loves it.






No comments: