- Appear Slimmer: choose darker colors, especially in areas you want to camouflage and stick with matte fabrics that don’t have a lot of sheen. Also, don’t draw attention to your widest body part. Vertical stripes are your friend, horizontal are your foe (particularly when placed at your widest point).
- Thick Middle or Stomach: try diagonal and vertical stripes or fabrics that stretch to hold in the area.
- Short Legs: try styles with higher cut bottoms.
- Long Torso: try higher cut bottoms and higher waisted bikinis and tankinis, tank and scoop neck styles.
- Short Torso: try lower cut bottoms and lower waisted bikinis (boy shorts, hipsters), deeper v-necks and vertical stripes.
- Big Arms/Broad Shoulders: try halter style suits and those with wider vertical straps and v-necks.
- Large Hips and Bottom: try short-style, sarong and skirted bottom suits, deep v-neck styles that draw attention away from your lower body.
- Small Bust: look for ruching and gathering on top or lightly padded, printed suits and steer clear of the bandeau style tops.
Better hurry up and get shopping!