Being a slave to fashion is never on trend. And I quote directly from a Marilyn Kirschner Daily Fashion Report:
“And for heaven’s sake, please don’t listen to those so called ‘fashion experts’ who wish to remind their audience that there are certain fashion ‘rules’ to obey: like not wearing white after Labor Day; or the one that says if you wore a trend the first time…don’t wear it again.. What a laugh and what a stupid rule. Any way, rules are meant to be broken, n’est past?”
In the end, it’s between you and your closet, what you can and can’t afford and what YOU like. It’s nobody’s business what you choose to wear. Your clothes should make you feel beautiful and fit well with your body type and personal style. If you are comfortable wearing white in Winter, go ahead. If those skinny jeans look undeniably perfect on your long limbs, more power to you. Keep the fashion rules and trends in your peripheral and bring the focus on yourself to the front. I think the world is aglow with women who know fashion and style just as well, if not better, than any paid expert or stylist.
How can you tell if you are a fashion slave?
1. Nothing in your closet matches or works well together.
2. You leave the house looking like Victoria Beckham
3. Your favorite T-shirt has a designer name stamped on the front (or back).
4. Your friends comment on your "interesting" look all the time.
5. You are always uncomfortable in your clothing and never have anything appropriate to wear.
To read more about the DFR or Marilyn Kirschner, check out The Look Online.