Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008...

And say goodbye to my 4 inch patent leather, peep toe heels...at least when I am in public with my husband. Needless to say our New Year's Eve did not go as planned. The shoes I so desperately searched for and found were not worn (as I towered 3 inches above my husband, he informed me that he would never be seen with me in public wearing those, but they are okay in the privacy of our...umm...bedroom). Then I felt a bit awkward...I guess you could say manly. Standing 6 foot 3 beside my husband, I felt like I could pick him up and carry him away. Yes, I think two inches is definitely my height limit on shoes. I did not wear the dress I was planning or my electric blue tights, but opted for a classy pair of black trousers, a Rebecca Beeson v-neck top, holiday cardigan and black ballet flats...boring but comfortable.

We had an awful, overpriced dinner at a restaurant we frequent. My crab legs were ice cold, the service was slow and the entertainment scheduled for 8pm was just walking in the door at 9:10. My son was disappointed that he did not get to hear one of his favorite singers, Lucas Cates, (but at least he got to say hello to him as we were walking out the door). We were home by 9:30 and the kids were asleep by 10. The rest of the night consisted of drinking a bottle of champagne and watching the Simpsons Movie and the last 5 minutes of the Time's Square New Year's Eve special. It's a good thing we stayed home, otherwise, I would have missed Mariah Carey in her annual bare-it-all costume (the 2006 ensemble is pictured above, courtesy IMB - because I can't find a pic yet of this year). Can someone please tell her that her voice is really all she needs and to put some clothes on? Best Wishes to you all in the New Year!

9 comments:

j. shelton said...

yeah... nothing like 'Mimi' coming out of nowhere wearing nothing singing a forgotten song.

Happy New Year!

Crimzen Creative said...

Thanks for confirming that I am not the only one who thinks this is strange!

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, it seems all of our pop divas find it necessary to outdo each other - wear the least, be the most outrageous, have the sleaziest boyfriend, etc.

I shouldn't say all. There's one or two that fall outside of that stereotype. the best of them is Nora Jones. She reminds me of Julie London, who, a long time ago in a galaxy far away, was the classiest lady ever to sing a 'torch song.'

Anonymous said...

Dear me, she looks dreadful!

Happy New Year, Michelle.

I am very impressed re the three inch heels. I would not be able to stand, let alone totter on such things.

I think New Year's Eve is often a disappointment, isn't it? Mine was good this year but I have had years when nothing has gone as I had planned.

Here's to 2008 anyway! I trust yours will be everything you hope it to be.

Crimzen Creative said...

Hi Louis and Happy New Year - so nice of you to stop by. I agree, Nora is a class act and I don't know much about Julie London so I will have to learn more about her now!

Crimzen Creative said...

Happy New Year Reluctant! I am giving up on the heels this year though - I am just too tall to be wearing such things!

Anonymous said...

Hey I'mm 5"11 and my husband LOVES it when I wear high heels, which happens to be like, er, never.

Crimzen Creative said...

Sassy - it he tall too? What size shoe do you wear? Maybe I will have to pass these on to you for his enjoyment :)

carlton170 said...

Before Maria appeared on TV, I said to my hubby, so how far down will the top be and how far up will the skirt go! She was obviously out to fool me and decided to wear her bikini!